IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely® is the flagship course for the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). It is the number one health and safety course for line managers, in any sector, worldwide. It is an accredited health and safety qualification that delivers essential learning to those in positions of responsibility.
IOSH stands for the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, the world's largest Chartered body for health and safety professionals. It is internationally respected and has 47,000 members across 130 countries. This globally chartered body promotes high health and safety standards in the workplace, allowing employers to provide leading health and safety training to their staff.
IOSH Managing Safely®️ is ideal for supervisors, managers, and team leaders, providing them with the necessary knowledge needed to be responsible for the health and safety of others in the workplace. The course delivers the knowledge needed for those in positions of responsibility to identify, evaluate and control workplace risks. This includes assessing the effectiveness and performance of the health and safety systems already in place across your organisation.
Providing your employees with the sought-after accreditation of IOSH Managing Safely®️, it supports their continued professional development, while also fulfilling your obligation as an employer to provide effective training. IOSH Managing Safely®️ is suitable for anyone responsible for other employees such as those in managerial or supervisory positions.
It is appropriate for staff in these positions across all sectors, industries, and markets. You don't need any existing qualifications to study the course, or any existing health and safety knowledge. Unique to Astutis, each IOSH Managing Safely course contains a free Human Factors bonus learning module. The Human Factors module explores organisational factors including safety culture, human failure, motivation, and perception of risk.
The duration of the IOSH Managing Safely®️ course depends on the study method:
- When studied through classroom, virtual classroom or in-house learning, the course is 3 days.
- When studied through E-learning, we recommend spending between 20 and 25 hours on the course.
IOSH Managing Safely® includes 7 units of study:
Module 1: Introducing managing safely
- Why is it important to manage safely?
- What is your role in influencing managing safely?
Module 2: Assessing risks
- What is a risk?
- What is a risk assessment?
- How are risk assessments carried out?
Module 3: Controlling risks
- How do you reduce risk?
- How do you decide which risk control to use?
Module 4: Understanding responsibilities
- What does the law require you to do?
- How does the law work?
- What are the key parts of a health and safety management system?
Module 5: Understanding hazards
- What are common hazards?
- What can you do about common hazards?
Module 6: Investigating incidents
- Why investigate incidents?
- How do incidents happen?
- How do you carry out an incident investigation?
Module 7: Measuring Performance
- What is performance measurement about
- How do you measure health and safety performance?
- What is auditing
- Human Factors
After gaining this qualification, candidates will have a firm grasp of the following areas:
- Understand the importance of managing health and safety in the workplace.
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety.
- Understand how to assess, reduce, identify, and control risks in the workplace.
- Measure health and safety within your own workplace
- Apply best practice principles to your organisation’s health and safety systems.
Why Businesses Choose IOSH Managing Safely:
- Course approved and examined by IOSH, an internationally recognised health & safety body.
- Certificate issued by IOSH, guaranteeing quality of training and delegates achievement.
Improved productivity & profitability through:
- Reduction in accidents and safety incidents
- Improved workforce satisfaction through increased safety awareness throughout the organisation
- Enhanced reputation with customers and suppliers
- Reduction in costs arising from avoidable insurance claims and legal fees
IOSH Managing Safely®️ is assessed in 2 parts:
- A Multiple-choice test of 30 questions. There are 60 points available, and you need to score 60% to pass, so the pass mark is 36 out of 60.
- A Practical assessment, in which participants must show how to apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the course to real-life situations. You must complete the risk assessment within 2 weeks of finishing the initial course.
An IOSH Managing Safely®️ certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of both parts of the assessment.
Many who study the IOSH Managing Safely consider studying the NEBOSH International General Certificate. Being the industry standard for health and safety specialists, the qualification is also ideal for those looking to begin a career in health and safety.
Taking an IOSH course offers a slew of specialised safety knowledge and skills applicable to a vast array of industries and professions. Applying what you learn will help you to create or contribute to a safer work environment with reduced accident and incident rates. As an individual employee, taking an IOSH course is also a great way of demonstrating your commitment to health and safety, as well as your own professional development.
Key benefits of achieving the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Enables you to assess and control risks and hazards.
- Provides a full understanding of your responsibilities for safety and health.
- Enables you to investigate incidents.
- Empowers you to measure your own performance against good practice.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, which provides a useful introduction to health and safety for busy managers.
in association with Astutis
€ 427.0 Ex. VAT