NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at work
Are you looking to develop your practical health and safety risk assessment management skills in your workplace?
As an employer, you are required by law to protect your employees for harm. The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at work qualification is an introductory level qualification ideal for anyone involved in managing workplace health and safety risks, including those who undertake workplace assessments. The content is particularly useful to employers, managers, supervisors, union representatives, HSE Champions and health and safety representatives
It is ideal for anyone involved in managing workplace risks, those that undertake risk assessments and are looking for a flexible way of learning with immediate access to the course.
All organisations strive to achieve resilience, and often its only when something happens that you really understand your level of resilience. At Astutis we understand that tension that sits with decision makers, and therefore the need to ensure those managing frontline workplace risks can assess and control those risks.
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at work qualification is a one-day, or 8-hour introductory level qualification. It is structured around the Health and Safety Executive's approach to controlling risks caused by workplace hazards. Upskill your teams so that they carry out risk assessments in the right way and to the right standard.
Duration: 8 hours
Element 1 - Why manage health and safety risks
Reasons for managing health and safety risks, including competence of those involved and importance of consultation with workers.
Element 2 - Managing risk
Identifying and understanding the risks, controlling the risks.
Element 3 - Managing risk - sources of information
Where to find sources of information to identify and manage risk, and applcation of HSE risk assessment tools.
This qualification will help you to:
- Identify hazards and be aware of some of the resources that can help
- Assess risks in low to medium risk premises using simple HSE tools
- Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner
- Identify suitable control measures
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work will help you to:
- Create a safe and healthy work environment
- Have confidence as your employee will be trained in HSE’s current approach to health and safety risk management
- Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house risk management expertise
- Upskill your teams so they can carry out risk assessments in the right way and to the right standard
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be asked to watch a video of a real workplace and complete a risk assessment to identify how you would manage and prioritise. You will usually receive your results within 24 working days of sitting the assessment. Provided you are successful, a certificate is sent usually within 40 working days of your result.
Who is the NEBOSH Award in Risk Assessment at Work Award?
Workers and volunteers in low to medium risk industries. It is ideal for anyone involved in managing workplace health and safety risks including those who undertake risk assessments. The content will be particularly useful to employers, managers, supervisors, union representatives, SHE champions and health and safety representatives.
This qualification will help you to:
• Develop straightforward practical skills to manage workplace risks; something all employers need
• Build confidence in your risk assessment capabilities
• Contribute to the creation of a safer and healthier workplace as soon as you return to work.
in association with Astutis
€ 345.0 Ex. VAT