NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
Become a leader in the health and safety profession, this course will support your academic and career progression!
The NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is a degree level qualification for health and safety professionals, covering all the knowledge needed for an international career in the industry.
The NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma is a widely recognised qualification, acknowledged by employers and professional memberships in over 180 countries globally.
The course is based on international standards and best practice and builds on the knowledge gained at NEBOSH Certificate level.
It is also a leading qualification that focuses on best industry practices for managing and implementing safety management systems. This means the NEBOSH International Diploma is an advanced and demanding qualification to study.
Once the student has obtained the NEBOSH Diploma, they will be capable of performing the role of a highly skilled Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner (OHASP) or safety officer in any industry worldwide.
The NEBOSH International Diploma is ideal for health and safety professionals outside the UK wishing to advance their career. This includes safety managers, advisors, and consultants.
Unit DI1: Know – Workplace Health and Safety Principles (International) - 169 Hours including 40 hours for the assessment. This unit covers the following topics:
- Socio-legal models; Enforcement; The International Labour Organization and its conventions and recommendations; Nongovernmental bodies and health and safety standards; Third parties; Insurers
- Organisational structures; Leadership; Consultation; Health and safety culture / Behavioural change programmes; Traditional and proactive safety management; Risk perception; Human failures and factors / Improving human reliability.
- Competence, training, information, and supervision; High reliability organisations
- Hazard identification techniques; Managing health and safety risks; Risk management.
- Loss causation / Quantitative analysis of data; Measuring and monitoring.
- Professional skills
- Societal factors; Corporate social responsibility; Organisation change; Contractors / Supply chains
Unit DI2: Do – Controlling Workplace Health Issues (International)- 125 Hours including 20 hours for the assessment. This unit covers the following topics:
- Occupational health services / Equality in the workplace; Mental ill-health / Wellbeing / Workplace violence / Lone working; Health surveillance; Hazardous substances; Health risks from hazardous substances; Epidemiology and toxicology; Asbestos and lead; Ventilation and PPE; Hazardous substances monitoring; Biological agents; Noise; Vibration; Radiation; Musculoskeletal issues / Manual handling; Workplace temperature /Welfare arrangements.
Unit DI3: Do – Controlling Workplace Safety Issues (International) - 115 Hours including 20 hours for the assessment.
This unit covers the following topics:
- Safe working environment; Confined spaces; Fire and explosion, Fire; Dangerous substances; Work equipment and machinery maintenance; Work equipment; Machinery; Mobile work equipment / Lifting equipment; Electricity; Construction / Work at height / Demolition / Excavation; Workplace transport / Work-related driving.
These practical evaluations provide participants with the opportunity to apply the knowledge they've acquired during the course, demonstrating their proficiency in managing occupational safety and health risks.
- Unit DI1 is assessed by an assignment (in four parts - simulations, workplace-based activities, reflective tasks, and a research project). Part of the assessment will require learners to undertake some workplace-based activities so need to ensure that they select a suitable workplace/organisation.
- Units DI2 & DI3 are assessed by a case study.
You will have 2-4 weeks to complete your assessments and submit your work to the NEBOSH online portal. You should spend around 40 hours on your DI1 assignment and 20 hours each on your DI2 and DI3 assignments.
Assessments will be available twice a year for each unit, with around a month allowed to complete the assignment and return them to NEBOSH.
- Contribute to the development of a risk management strategy.
- Understand the importance of health and safety laws, such as those from the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations (UN), and non-governmental organizations.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge and practical skills to identify and control workplace hazards.
- Create, execute, and review preventive health and safety surveillance systems.
- Equipped with the skills to promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Able to derive a health and safety policy strategy.
- Helps in developing a risk management strategy.
- Helps in understanding the principles of health & safety law and outlines the importance of understanding legal and regulatory requirements.
There are no formal entry requirements for the NEBOSH International Diploma. The NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma is an advanced qualification, and it is recommended that learners first complete the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
Estimated time to complete the course.
NEBOSH advises that it take approximately 409 hours to complete the course and assessments, (can be completed in 12-24 Months). Given other demands on most people's time we would expect 18 to 30 months to successfully complete.
Each enrolment period and completion times.
- Unit DI1 - 169 hours
- Unit DI2 - 125 hours
- Unit DI3 - 115 hours
The NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma is a Level 6 qualification which is equivalent to a UK degree with full honours. According to the National Qualifications Framework, completing the NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals equates to a full UK bachelor's degree.
- Completing the NEBOSH International Diploma entitles you to the use of “DipNEBOSH” after your name, evidencing your accredited education and expertise.
- The course allows full membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) upon completion, giving you access to the recognition and support this body provides.
- Through further professional development, the NEBOSH Diploma meets the standards required to achieve Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status. This IOSH Membership is further evidence of your position as a health and safety professional.
The NEBOSH Diploma acts as a stepping-stone on the path to postgraduate study. Many UK universities accept the NEBOSH Diploma as their criteria for MSc-level courses, so it provides a clear route to masters-level postgraduate study.
Need more information, contact us HERE or read our FAQ.
in association with Astutis
€ 2690.0 Ex. VAT