IEMA Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice
The IEMA Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice is the most comprehensive business-centred course in sustainability. It will give you the necessary knowledge and skills to lead your organisation towards entry into the low-carbon economy.
The IEMA Diploma course, together with appropriate experience and CPD-accredited activity, will equip you to apply for Full Membership of IEMA (MIEMA) and Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv). NB: A complete application form and peer review always applies.
The Diploma will benefit managers, advisers, consultants and others with a specialist environmental or sustainability role, who wish to build their strategic knowledge and skills. It addresses a wide range of environmental and sustainability issues and topics, including environmental and social risk identification, strategies for improving performance and personal effectiveness to instigate and lead change.
The IEMA Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice course is a professional-qualification approximately equivalent to Masters Degree level (level 7)
Successful learners will be able to use the DipSBP suffix after their name.
• Equips you with knowledge and skills towards your MIEMA and CEnv application.
• Module based so it is easy for you to organise work/life/ coursework.
• Extensive resources to support you.
• Includes appropriate practical exercises/interactive case studies.
The programme enables delegates to gain the knowledge needed to progress to full membership of IEMA, (MIEMA) and Chartered Environmentalist status (CEnv). It is delivered in three one-week modules.
Course Duration: 120 hours / 15 days
- To have completed the Associate Certificate in Environmental Management course or have the equivalent level of knowledge and experience of environment and sustainability issues.
- Membership of IEMA at Associate or Affiliate level as a minimum.
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills must be sufficient to complete the course.
Successful completion of this course provides learners with a comprehensive understanding of the following modules:
Module 1: Managing Environmental Media and Issues.
Earth’s Systems: how businesses interact with natural cycles, biodiversity, and the importance of these issues for business, as well as an appreciation of the interconnectedness of these issues
Environmental Media and Issues: the impact that releases have on environmental media.
Module 2: Sustainability for Business
Sustainable development, sustainability principles and practice. Sustainability in Business: sustainable production and consumption issues and how business and environmental factors interact.
Module 3: Strategic Environmental Management
The Business Environment: seeing beyond strict legislative compliance and understanding the drivers for change • The role of environmental management in corporate governance, risk management, CSR, and performance management at a strategic level.
The assessment of the Diploma consists of:
- Assessment of work group through a group presentation in the last day of each module, 10% of the module mark
- Written assignment for each module individually, 90% of the module mark. The assignments are submitted within 8-weeks of the end of the each taught module. It is expected that the assignment should be based on approximately 40-hours of independent learning.
Prospective candidates should be aware that the IEMA Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice is a professional-level qualification approximately equivalent to Master's degree level (Level 7).
in association with Astutis
€ 4811.0 Ex. VAT